Readers and LLMs
Readers are nationally accredited lay ministers who are licensed by the Diocesan Bishop to preach, teach and lead worship. They play an important part in nurturing Christian discipleship in the church and wider world.
The Readers and LLMs Administrator is Lesley Steed based at the Diocean Office, email her or phone 01473 298510
The Deputy Warden of Readers is Barbara Hill, contactable by email or phone on 07957 908981
The Discipleship and Ministry Development Officer is Ruth Dennigan, who may be contacted by email or phone on 07468 474252
The Warden of Readers and LLMs is the Bishop of Dunwich, the Rt Revd Dr Mike Harrison, who may be contacted by email or by phone at the Bishops' Office on 01473 252829
For existing Readers
- Readers' Handbook - full of information about Reader ministry, and essential reading for Readers, clergy and those interested in the ministry. Much is also relevant to others in Licensed Lay Ministry.
- Annual Review and Return - The 2019 Annual Review and Return form - a summary of your ministry over the whole of 2019 - is due back by 27 January 2020.
Assistant Wardens of Readers
- Waveney and Blyth, Saxmundham and Woodbridge | The Revd Christine Brooks: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01728 688972
- Hoxne, Hartismere and Loes | Jean Archdeacon: email@example.com | 01379 783307
- Bosmere, Hadleigh, Samford and Stowmarket | Frankie Wicks: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01449 711222
- Ipswich and Colneys | Sheila Burnham: email@example.com | 01473 259931
- Clare, Lavenham and Sudbury | Robert Fish: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01787 379407
- Ixworth, Thingoe and Mildenhall | Hazel Humphreys: email@example.com | 01284 754448
Their role is:
- Praying regularly for Readers and LLMs in their area
- Maintaining close contact with Readers and LLMs, and being alert to pastoral difficulties
- Conducting Ministry Development Reviews
- Being a conduit for issues and concerns raised about policy and practice
- Encouraging incumbents to identify new ministers and promoting lay ministries
- Acting as Vocation Advisor and being part of the discernment process
- Supporting lay ministers moving from another diocese or benefice
- Attending Council meetings and supporting the organisation of meetings and events organised for Readers and LLMs.
Please contact your Assistant Warden if you need any support and encouragement – they are there to sustain you in your ministry.