Stewardship – What does it mean?
Stewardship refers to our responsibility to oversee, manage and optimise the resources we have at our disposal. Responsibility stems outwards from each of us to the collective, the foundations from which well-resourced, prudent churches are built. This provides an environment where mission, ministry and community outreach can flourish, enabling a visible and proactive Church in our communities.
“Scripture contains over 2,000 verses relating to stewardship, giving and financial management. A high value is clearly placed on looking after what we have and directing us as to how we can be good, faithful stewards”
Lee Jukes, Stewardship Manager
What is the role of a good steward?
Being responsible stewards, we must consider how we can:
- Reduce operating costs within our churches (insurance, utilities, examination fees, etc)
- Increase parish income to help support mission, ministry and community outreach (parish giving scheme, contactless giving, fundraising)
- Maximise financial transparency (how we spend money and how much we spend)
- Develop financial controls and planning that allows us to look confidently towards the future
- Encourage and promote an ethos of generosity, including the sharing of our talents
How can we help you?
Our short guide “A Very Practical Guide to Stewardship” outlines some of the key areas our Stewardship Team can help you with such as:
- Parish Giving Scheme | Weblink
- Planning a Stewardship Campaign | Weblink
- Contactless Donations | Weblink
- Treasurer Forum | Weblink
Our Stewardship Team
Lee Jukes – Stewardship Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org. 01473 298551
Julie Podd - Parish Giving Scheme Adviser. email@example.com. 01473 298555
Parish Resources | Weblink
Parish Buying | Weblink
Stewardship | Weblink
2018 Annual Review | PDF