Parish Giving Scheme
This is an exciting, free resource to help your church members give more efficiently to their church and save your parish valuable time!
What is it?
A direct debit covenant between a donor and parish that includes optional inflationary giving and automated collection of Gift Aid. The scheme was launched in our diocese in 2018 and has now been adopted by over 100 parishes – this is growing each month!
…nearly every donor increased their giving when they joined the scheme and in virtually every case their regular giving is now index-linked. This is a great improvement on the situation compared with pre-PGS! It will also reduce the task of completing the Gift Aid claim each year. Les Weeks, Treasurer (St Giles, Risby)
Why should my parish sign-up?
- To maximise planned giving and number of planned givers
- To lighten the burden (think banking cash, reclaiming Gift Aid)
- To protect against an ever-increasing digital society
- To increase and improve cash flow, especially through gift aid recovery
- To combat static giving as majority of donors choose to index-link their gift
- An opportunity to talk about giving and launch a stewardship campaign
How does it work?
Example: Based on £50 donated monthly to a church.
How to join the PGS
How to get donors onboard
6 Steps | DOCX This guide provides an overview of how to maximise PGS reach.
Gift Array Exercise | XLS – This template can be used to calculate how much on a weekly basis your church seeks to raise from the scheme.
Testimonials | PDF
PGS Change of Bank Account | DOCX
- November 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- October 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- September 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- August 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- July 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- June 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- May 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- April 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- March 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- February 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
- January 2019 Monthly Report | PDF
For more information
Please contact Julie Podd, Parish Giving Scheme Adviser, for further information and to book an event in your deanery or a visit to your parish/benefice.
Tel: 01473 298555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org