Kagera Link Diocese
The Anglican Communion has a network of companionship links around the world, and our diocese has been linked with Kagera in Tanzania since 1994. Through the link we develop friendships and understanding, pray for one another and grow in faith as we learn from one another. Our link gives us opportunities to become partners in mission as we learn from each other how to be more effective in doing God’s work in His world.
Please support the "Lent Appeal" here
Bishop Darlington, Bishop of Kagera, writes
“Both Dioceses have been enjoying this partnership with a lot of experiences through friendship, understanding, praying, learning and sharing. Kagera Diocese is grateful to be in partnership with our brothers and sisters in the Diocese of St. Edmundsbury & Ipswich. We hope that God will continue to make our people from both dioceses to enjoy and celebrate all blessings that come as the result of us being together in the mission of God.”
- Find out more-+
Kagera diocese, part of the Anglican Church of Tanzania, forms part of the administrative region of Kagera, in the northwest of the country. The region is the size of Wales, and is bordered by Rwanda and Burundi to the west, Uganda to the north, and Lake Victoria to the east. It is one degree south of the Equator, and 1400 km from Dar-es-Salaam, the commercial capital of Tanzania. Kagera is a beautiful region, mostly of steeply hilled savannah country. However it is one of the poorest areas in Tanzania. Most of its two million people live on less than a dollar a day. The Diocese serves the community through spiritual nurture, healthcare, education and poverty alleviation with the aim …. “that they may have fullness of life in Christ” John 10.10.
The church is growing rapidly, and since the formation of Kagera Diocese in 1985, two new dioceses have been split off from it. Lweru Diocese to the north was established in 2006 and Biharamulo to the east in 2017.
To find out more about life and the work of the church in Kagera, please visit their own website www.kageradiocese.info.
- Kagera Factsheet | PDF
- What can I do?-+
- Pray (find points to pray for in our online daily diocesan prayer diary)
- Learn more – invite a speaker to your church or small group
- Invite a team to present a “Kagera Day” in your local primary school click here for more information or see leaflet in the Resources section below
- Form a Kagera group in your area to pray and support together
- Visit Kagera.
For more information on any of these email email@example.com.
- How can I give?-+
http://www.cofesuffolk.org/uploads/SIngalong_swahili_-_baba_naomba.movFinancial support is not the main aim of the link, but the Diocese of Kagera has very limited resources, so that pastors and church leaders sometimes go without pay. In Kagera Pastors and Lay Evangelists not only lead their churches in lively worship and biblical teaching, but also enable development projects which build self-sufficiency in the communities. For this reason, St Edmundsbury and Ipswich have agreed to support the following Diocesan projects in Kagera:
- Pastors Children’s Fund
- Church and Community Mobilisation Process
- Kagera Christian Training College
- Ngara Anglican Primary School (NAPS)
In addition, we maintain a Kagera General fund to allow flexibility to help with specific requests outside the scope of these projects.
Find our leaflets giving more information about these projects, and a Donation Form in the Resources section below.
- Kagera Newsletter | PDF
- Kagera Donation Form | PDF
- Friends of Kagera Christian Training College | PDF
- NAPS Newsletter | PDF
- Kagera Day Leaflet | PDF
Sing Along Videos
- Singalong swahili - Aman | MovIe
- Singalong swahili - Baba naomba | Movie
- Singalong swahili - Inanenamema | Movie
- Singalong swahili - Mambo sawa sawa | Movie
Sunday School Resources
- Children's Teaching Resources - Early Years | PDF
- Children's Teaching Resources - KS1 | PDF
- Children's Teaching Resources - KS2 | PDF
- Kagera Schools' Resources | Web Link
- Kagera Service Resources | DOCX
- Kagera Service Resources | PDF
- Kagera Service Ideas | PDF
- Mandazi Recipe | DOCX
- Kagera Contact | Email